All the CSIT-members (unions, teams, athletes, coaches and volunteers) promise to participate in all CSIT activities, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing themselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of friendship, solidarity, tolerance and fair play.
CSIT WORLD SPORTS GAMES FAIR PLAY POLICY
Fair Play is very important to CSIT. It reflects the real spirit of sports and is actually close to the aims of CSIT.
The World Sports Games 2017 marked the official launch of the CSIT Fair Play – activities, which are implemented more detailed in the CSIT championships regulations of each sport. Besides the Green Card – visible in competitions and games – the Fair Play subject is present at hotels, sports venues, websites and brochures. Finally, Fair Play will get full attention at the closing ceremony, where single athletes and teams with the highest Fair Play actions – coefficient will be awarded.
WHAT IS FAIR PLAY?
Fair play is a complex concept that comprises and embodies a number of fundamental values that are not only integral to sport, but relevant in everyday life. By implementing the Fair Play Philosophy in CSIT and its sports events we strive to:
- Fair competitions
- Team spirit
- Equal opportunities
- Fair access
- Anti doping
- Respect for written and unwritten rules, such as integrity, solidarity and tolerance
COOPERATION WITH THE EUROPEAN FAIR PLAY MOVEMENT
During the board meeting in Tampere 2009 a joint venture declaration between CSIT and the European Fair Play Movement (EFPM) was signed. The aim is to contribute to peace and understanding by the promotion of Fair Play in sports.
Both international organisations have declared a joint venture in matters of sports, tolerance and fair-play, which includes the following items:
CSIT and the EFPM will...
- establish and coordinate common activities in matters of fair-play, tolerance, peace and understanding
- strive to have a close cooperation by supporting the aims and goals of both organizations - for example with activities like seminars and workshops at the CSIT World Sports Games
- enable each other to publish articles and information in their respective official publications, internet pages and papers
- nominate a member of its Executive Committees as regular contact persons
- choose representatives who will meet preferably at the General Assemblies and Congresses with the possibility of short presentations about each organization and their annual work
- join forces to sensitize CSIT's members of the importance of ethical and cultural values in sports