BECOME A MEMBER OF CSIT: International Organisation
Thank you very much for showing interest in our global sports & health network with more than 200 million single members. CSIT is recognized as the only world organization for workers and amateurs in sports by
- IOC (International Olympic Committee)
- SPORTACCORD and GAISF
- ICSSPE (International Council of Sport, Science and Physical Education)
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR International ORGANISATIONS
If you are an international or continental - applicant organisation (umbrella with national member organisations), we would like to give you an understanding of the membership application proceedings, as follows:
The CSIT has two membership levels with the "Full Membership - Status" as ultimate objective. Details such as rights, obligations and financial conditions of the different kinds of CSIT membership levels can be found in the CSIT Articles in the "Downloadcenter".
CSIT Membership first level: Candidate Member, a temporary membership level
After the reception of all applicants' documents according to the official application form and the treasurer's confirmation that the payment of the annual membership fee has been recorded on the CSIT's bank account, the Executive Committee awards your organisation the "International / Continental - Candidate Membership" - status (temporary membership status of 2 - 3 years). From this moment on, you are member of CSIT.
Please note additionally, that as a new member you will personally (President, Secretary General, Managing Director) present and introduce your organisation at the following Congress.
In case of rejection, the applicant organisation will get refunded all above-mentioned payments.
CSIT Membership final level: Associate Member
After 2 - 3 years of observation together with the Candidate Member the Executive Committee will analyse the past collaboration of both organisations. It is of great importance for the decision making process that CSIT's core values as trust, respect, tolerance, friendship and fair-play were kept, as well as all CSIT regulations, statutes and by-laws; also an active participation in CSIT activities must be recognizable for the Executive Committee. Only then the specific "Candidate Member" will be recommended to the Congress to be accepted as "Associate Member". Ultimately, you have rights and obligations as an Associate Member. At CSIT Sports Events, your members will be considered as CSIT Members.
If you are willing to start the application process following basic criteria must be fulfilled:
- You have to be a democratic, amateur as well as sports for all – related organization.
- You have to be an international organization with national members.
- The membership fee acc. to our statutes must be transferred to the CSIT bank account. Banking details can be found in the footer of the application form or here.
In structural terms you can apply for membership, if
- you are an international non-governmental organization whose aims contribute directly or indirectly to the vision, mission, objective and functions of the CSIT, or
- you are an international governmental body, agency, institution and local authority that is responsible for sports, women, children, youth, elderly and social development fields, or
- you are an umbrella organisation of a network such as institution such as University, Academy, Research Centre or Parliamentarian Group interested in sports matters, or
- you are an international company sports organization, or
- your are an international independent trade union.
In case of further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com!